It feels like Diablo, Half-Life, or Dota when they’re first released. These games had completely changed the gaming industry at their times and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is getting close to this level.
With PUBG being loved by so many gamers from all over the world, different titles from other producers are coming out to compete against it. Two noticeable names are Rules of Survival and Fortnite, which have a pretty similar gaming mechanism to PUBG. But that’s not enough to overcome the influence of PUBG.
This article will provide you with a thorough insight to get used to this game. Also, you may want to check out the top 17 shooting games for PC, in which PUBG was listed as one of the best FPS games currently.
What Is PUBG About?
PUBG is a battle-royale game available on PC platform. It was inspired by the 2000 Japanese film ‘Battle Royale’. The players will be gathered at the beginning of each game. They will then get on a plane and be dropped on a large island. Your goal is to become the last one survived by getting rid of all the enemies.
- Game genres: PvP action game, third-person shooter
- Game mode: Multiplayer online
- Platforms: Xbox One, Windows, Android, iOS
- Developer: PUBG Corporation
- Age rating: 14+
PUBG Video Trailer
PUBG game concepts
- Circle: It is basically a safe zone. All players that stay outside of the Circle will be killed slowly as their HP drop down little by little. You have to get yourself inside the Circle for that to stop.
- Weapons: Players have lots of different kinds of weapons to choose from to kill each other. What you should do right after getting off the plain is to parachute somewhere safe and get your weapon as quickly as possible because that will be what others have in mind.
- Medication: When your HP is low, you can use items to restore it. There are two types of meds: instant healing and overtime healing. These can be bandages, first aid kits, painkillers, energy drinks, etc.
- Equipment: There are items that could provide you with protections and advantages over your enemies. For example, helmets and amours reduce the damage from bullets, while red dots, suppressors, and scopes deliver more accurate shots.
What players do in PUBG?
Each player’s main goal is to become the last survivor and keep himself always inside the circle. To do that, you can either choose to go undercover (by hiding until late game) or go on a killing spree with others. While the first choice can deliver a save and more secured victory, it could be quite boring since the fun of gaming comes from interacting with others.
In PUBG, you have the team mode where you can match with different players to win the game. It’s fun because you can meet up with lots of interesting player from all over the world. You can even choose to play the game from different servers, such as Japan, Asia, EU, North America, etc.
What Is Fun in Playing PUBG?
Aside from being able to play against millions of players from all over the world with an interesting gameplay, you can explore the huge map with lots of doable stuff. There are many tactics which you can use to win the game.
Also, there will be new maps coming in the future and probably new game modes too. Right now, you can participate in playing zombie mode where you can choose to be either zombie or human. Imagine playing against 99 zombies, how cool will that be!
Moreover, as mention above, the Circle is what makes this game special. You can’t just parachute to somewhere hidden and unpopulated to hide until everybody has killed themselves to have an easy win. Instead, all players that stay outside of the circle will be killed slowly as their HP drop down little by little. You have to get yourself inside the circle for that to stop. The safe zone will become smaller and smaller as the time pass so make sure you’re always in there.
This new style of FPS shooting is a big evolution in the gaming industry. The gameplay has proven to be interesting and addictive for gamers. I wouldn’t surprise to see this game becoming more and more popular in the next several years.