Famous game characters are always remembered by fans for their special abilities, different personalities, and above all, immortal statements that we cannot forget.
So what are those statements? Who made such a statement? In this article, we will introduce the top 16 famous quotes in video games.
1. “I’m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel!” – Mass Effect 2
Second Mass Effect – Where players can endorse a shop on the Citadel to receive a discount. This classic saying comes from that context. Players can probably do this for nearly every store in the space station. This has created a humorous chorus of the above saying that is booming throughout the castle.
2. “It’s time to kick ass and chew bubble gum…and I’m all outta gum.” – Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem – The crazy, masculine protagonist of the FPS game series. He involves crazy aliens, big explosions, and more. He uttered this while blowing away the aliens resolutely. This is like adding action, humor and fast gameplay.
3. “What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!” – Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
This statement was given as a compliment, somewhat silly and exaggerated by the infamous Dracula before he fought Richter in the opening of this Castlevania game.
4. “We’re not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in.”– Metal Gear Solid
Gray Fox – The terrifying Ninja has been an ally of Snake throughout the game. As a sadistic warrior, Gray Fox is constantly searching for his match on the battlefield.
5. “They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over.” – Max Payne
Neo-noir masterpiece – Max Payne is the game that contains the saddest quotes. This lad opens the way the game begins, with a heavy hitter – the sentence above and quickly sets the scene for the dark adventure that the player will continue.
6. “You were almost a Jill sandwich!” – Resident Evil
STARS members made this scandalous statement when Barry and Jill was almost crushed in a trap in the mansion. This said broke a lot of stress and fear that came from the scary presence of the mansion in the game
7. “It’s a-me, Mario!” – Assassin’s Creed II
This Mario video game joke for gamers is told by Ezio’s uncle, Mario Auditore after their meeting on the road. This statement quickly became one of the iconic quotes in the game when it came to the Italian plumber that the fans remembered.
8. “The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding. I didn’t like the way the show started. But they had given me the best seat in the house. Front row center.” – Max Payne
This dark statement comes just before Max’s wife and their baby were murdered, starting the crazy evolution of Max’s journey and engine-defining events for years to come.
9. “The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.” – Half-Life 2
The G-man mysteriously said this when Gordon Freeman’s second adventure had just begun. When the player finishes match, this sentence will be told. Thus, this sentence will be repeated throughout the match.
10. “FINISH HIM!” – Mortal Kombat
This is a classic saying that scolds players after they defeating an opponent and allows the player to perform a fatal blow or simply beat the opponent to end the fight.
11. “Would you kindly…” – Bioshock
This is a greatly famous saying and it seems to have turned into the biggest plot point of the first Bioshock game.
12. “The healthy human mind doesn’t wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that’s a luxury, not a curse. To know you’re close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take… inventory.” – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Captain John Price is an iconic figure of the village in particular and the Call of Duty series in general. This is the speech that went into the hearts of his fans in the cut scene of Like Like Old Times.
13. “Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain’t nothing fair.” – Red Dead Redemption
In Red Dead Redemption, The government wants John Marston to track down and kill his former gang members and they will release his imprisoned wife and son.This saying is derived from The Outlaw’s Return mission. Your story unfolds after John has left the last members of his gang and returns to his family. His wife scolded him for leaving his son and John said this.
14. “You can’t break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands.” – Far Cry 2
In a conversation with Oluwafemi – “Infamy” tape, Jackal spoke this sentence to begin the story. Check out Far Cry 5 here.
15. “War…war never changes” – Fallout
This is one of the memorable quotes mentioned in the introduction for all parts of the game Fallout. While some have attributed the quote to Ulysses S. Grant’s 18th President, no source has been found to verify this claim.
16. “The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.” – Dragon Age: Origins
This statement has something to do with Hawke fading in Here Lies the Abyss. There are 2 cases for this saying:
- Flemeth looked at how the future looked, she said that she would push history in the direction she wanted, but she did not know any possibility in the Dragon Age universe that provided clairvoyance.
- How the gamer’s choice will take place at the end of this story.
Above are top 16 famous quotes in video games. From the main character, supporting characters or villains, they also gave us meaningful questions. And it seems that these words have been embedded in memories of fans.
What is your favorite quote? Let us know in the comment below.